Monday, February 16, 2009

This weekend sumed up.

So as you all know this weekend was Valentine's day weekend...Whoop-de-doo...I don't care.

Friday The 13th was the day for me.
You know how they always say that Friday the 13th is the unlucky day for people. Well for me, it's always been a really good day, and this past Friday was evidence of that fact.

So there was a show at Club Distortion(formerly TCBY, Espresso Easley, and Muggs), and it was fantastic. There were 6 bands that played. and they all were good in their own way. The bands were(And in the order they played.) Send The Seraph, Rotton Cotton, The Fuzz Cremes(Which Michael asked Rotton Cotton if they would be his back up band. It was so funny!), As Your Own, Noel Thrasher(And yes that is her real name, and she is a fantastic singer.), and A Bridge To Far.

I had a lot of fun at the show and I wouldn't have thought of a better way to spend my Friday night then to go to a local show. I missed going to local shows because well it was a great way for me to find new and fresh music, and to be able to say that I support local music.

Anyway Valentine's Day always seem to be my unlucky day. Well for one, I've never had a Valentine. To be quite honest though, I don't like Valentine's Day. Even if I had a boyfriend, or I was dating someone, I wouldn't celebrate it anyway. I just think it's consumerism at it's finest. I mean a lot of the stuff that is spent on Valentine's day is either eaten, dies in a few days, or just sits in a corner, or in a colset somewhere, so why not take the money you'd spend on Valentine's day and put it into savings. It would do you a lot better what with the hard econmic times we are going through right now.

Anyways, back to my day. It was boring...as usual. Then Recording for the podcast was that night. It was okay. Jason's friend Paul was there which made it bad for me because I just now got used to speaking good in front of Todd and Tyler. When it's just one other person in the room, I'm okay with talking because it's like having a one on one conversation with the person in the room. I've never been confortable with talking in front of more then on person. I find it a bit odd though. I can dance, and do color guard in front of many many people, but when it comes to speaking, I can speak in front of more than one person. That's just how my brain functions.

So Sunday, I went to church of course. I love going to Church. It's the one place I feel safe. Safer than my home in fact. Also, I get to talk to some of my best friends. Jennifer is probably my closest friend there. She's the sweetest person I have ever met, and she's also very smart. She's also the one I trust the most, and I have serious trust issues. It takes a while for me to trust someone, and she was one of those people who got my trust almost instantly after meeting her. The only other people to have that same trust with me is Kathryn, and Clint.

The only problem with Sunday was the fact that i over slept my nap. I was of course getting into God's will, which it says on the Sabbath day you are not to work, and that it's a day to relax and reenergize yourself for the upcoming week. That's why I always loved it when Pastor Jim called it "getting into God's Will." Anyway I woke up at exactly 6 pm. which is when evening service starts. So I didn't get to go to evening service. That sucks for me. I love Evening service. It's the same every week. I play in the orchestra, and normally Killian and myself then go to the youth servide(Sometimes we are joined by Brandon.), and sit against the back wall. Well I missed it. Now Killian is going to call me a Heathen Wednesday, and he's probably going to forget my honey!!!

Well today is President's Day, and so far nothing has happened. To me, it's just another typical Monday...Except Eric had to work, so I actually get computer time. Oh how I love Holiday's that cause schools to get out, and cause Eric to work. lol.

Well that's all.

I noticed that I get off track way to much...I need to work on that if I'm going to be reviewing new releases of cd's. I better get on that. lol.

Much love people.

I hope I didn't bore you all.

1 comment:

Clinto Beans said...

Laughs all around. You spelled summed wrong in the title.
Still love you though, so don't fret.
If you fix it, then my comment will be pointless.