Monday, February 9, 2009

Workcrew Weekend.

So this past weekend I went up to Camp Awanita for Workcrew Weekend. Workcrew Weekend is for those who have volunteered or worked as summer staff up at the camp, and is our weekend of fun. Now first off I'm going to go ahead and say that this is the first time I've been up there not to work, and it was quite refreshing.

This weekend was well needed. I was in desperate need to get away from home, and have fun. Being stuck at home with nothing to do for a few days gets quite boring let alone a few months. I went up there Friday morning. I got to help with stuff in the kitchen, and I got to make pinwheels(Which if you've never had them...they are fantastic). Then it came time for the others to arrive, and I got excited! I got to see so many of my camp friends that I haven't seen since the summer, but I was also disappointed that Bama, Josh I., and Zackuri were not able to come. I was however excited to see Matt(Smiley), and I also got to meet one of his sisters(He has three older sisters, and an older brother. I have yet to meet one of the sisters.) Though with that excitement I was dealt even more disappointment. He is not going to be summer staff again this summer. He was one person I knew I could trust, and that's going to be hard on me this summer, but I know I'll be able to manage.

Anyway. We played some games, and had worship, and a message, and then had a bunch of free time. Saturday was also another amazing day. It was such a nice day out that I would not go inside...well, I went inside to get some water, and batteries, and to put my jacket up. After breakfast we had worship and another message. This message was meant for me. I've been wanting to be able to share my testimony for quite sometime. I've only shared it one other time, but that was Three months after I was saved. I mean it counts for something, but I felt like it wasn't the right time for me to give it. Well Joey(The speaker) was talking about how we are to go about giving our testimony. Since that message the whole day I was thinking of my testimony, and that I felt like it was going to be soon that I give it to somebody. Well, after the message, we are given a bit of free time before lunch, so a bunch of us go to one of the fields and play some ultimate Frisbee. I love Ultimate. It's one of my favorite sports to play(Hockey's the other.) Well I quickly realize that my catching has gone down the tubes. At least I still can throw it good. It's been forever since I played.

When we were done we went to lunch, and then after that I went back to the lodge to get my camera. I wanted to get a loud of pictures, because I never had time while working to get any good shots. Before I could take any pictures, Benny(The new staff Dad) asked me if I wanted to help ride the horses to the holding pen. So I accepted. I got to ride Cinnamon which was awesome cause I love that horse. He was the first horse I rode there, and I haven't ridden any other one. Anyway after that I pretty much walked all over the camp taking pictures, and hanging with random groups. I got to hang with Matt for a bit and have maybe one of our last chats. then we had dinner, and after that we went back to the lodge, and had a worship service, but we pretty much didn't have time for a message cause the worship was just so amazing. It was something I think everybody needed, and it was something I can't explain, but I could feel God moving in that place.

After that a few of us girls went into a room and we talked over our feelings. It was of the few times where I felt like I wasn't the only one struggling with demons, and I wasn't the only one really good at hiding repressed feelings. It also was the time I was able to give my testimony. I knew I was going to to have to give it, I just didn't think it would be so soon. See all the girls in the room were younger than me. They all are at where I was at so many years ago, so it was great for them to get my point of view and let them know that I got saved at 17 and that it isn't to late for anybody. I just hope that my story will help one of the girls in particular, because her story was the reason why I gave my story. It's amazing how similar people's lives can be.

Sunday was a bitter sweet day for me. For one it meant that I had to leave all those people whom I care for, and go back to the real world. Two, I had to say goodbye to Matt, and I probably may never get to talk to him, though maybe I might who knows. Three, I had to go back to a place that spiritually is not very sound for me. But with those downs there are ups. I got to share my story, and maybe help another person to salvation. I have new friends, and new relationships with people who know where I'm coming from. I figured out that Awanita when under the right circumstances is a fantastic place. I also got over something that was so minuscule that it really shouldn't have affected me in the first place.

All in all, this weekend was a fantastic, enlightening, and joyful weekend, and I'm really glad I was able to enjoy it. I am now fully ready fr summer, and what it will bring.

1 comment:

Clinto Beans said...

A refreshing recovery on gorgeous camp grounds.
I'm glad you enjoyed your time
It sounded fun