Friday, August 14, 2009

Home From Awanita....

And it is kind of bittersweet.

Yeah many bad things happened, but the friendships I made will last a life time.


I am fortunate to have met everyone I did. They have helped me through the bad that have happened. I learn who I could trust and couldn't trust, and I learned that first impressions can be false impressions. My first impression of one girl however did not change, and to be quite honest if I never saw her again I'd be the happiest person ever!!!



I want to give a shout out to everyone of the summer staff.

Cassen




Tiffany


Kristen


Steven


Sydney


Noah


Jeanette


Black Zack


White Zack


Elizabeth


Katelyn


Grayson


Kasey


Brandon


Josh


Colby


and Josiah



You all have meant so much to me and I thank you so much for helping me when I couldn't quite take care of myself. You all are like family to me, and I will keep a piece of each of you in my heart!!!

I also would like to say thanks to all the volunteers that have come up. You all are awesome. If it wasn't for the camp allowing volunteers to come up I probably would be single right now. lol. I would post a picture of myself and Casey, but I haven't gotten one yet. He has two on his phone, but I have yet to take any.

This summer was not like last summer, but it was a different summer, and I'm grateful for the experience.

Just for future reference, if you ever go to Awanita and you want to go down the water slide, cross your feet so that you can avoid breaking your fibula bone like I did. Yes it ended up being a fracture and not a jammed ankle.

Whatever. I stuck it out working there, and it was well worth it. I'm not a quitter.

Anyways Just letting you know that I'm back and that I should be popping out blogs a lot more than I have been doing.

peace out

and like the watermelon rind says

Don't Forget To Be Awesome!!!


~Alicia~

1 comment:

notasecretagent said...

You poor thing, you broke it?! Yikes! I hope the remainder of the summer is better. And enjoy that DFTBA watermelon. :D