Thursday, July 1, 2010

20 things to do in a year

This blog is in correlation with the most recent video I posted on my youtube. It basic is twenty things I want to achieve in one year. It starts today, and goes until July 1st of next year. If you want to see my video for that, click here. If not, here’s my explanation of each thing.

1.) Write a Song – I have always wanted to write a song, it was just for lack of equipment that I never did. Now I have my own computer, a piano, basic knowledge of how to play that piano, and a lot to write about.

2.) Audition for the Real World – It has been a dream of mine since I was about 8-ish to be on the Road Rules. Unfortunately they canceled Road Rules, so I have to go with the next best thing. It would mostly be so I’d have a change of participating in the Challenge. :)

3.) Complete the 50 book challenge before my birthday day plus 25 more – That was is pretty much simple. I like to read, so why not read as much as I can?

4.) Meet my hero – If you didn’t already know, Margaret Cho is my hero and my idol. I would probably die a happy person if I just got to say hello to her.

5.) Win Nanowrimo again – Nanowrimo is National Novel Writing Month, and takes place in November. I won it last year barely, but this time I want to be fully prepared and write a way better story than last year’s!

6.) Watch every episode of all my favorite shows – There are only a good handful of shows that I actually like, but most of them I haven’t gotten to see every single episode due to special circumstance. That is going to change very soon! I will probably post a list of all the shows I will be watching.

7.) Go to at least 5 concerts – I love concerts. Who doesn’t love them? I only get to see maybe one concert a year if I’m lucky. This will be the year of a multitude of music extravaganzas!

8.) Listen to and review 50 albums – I had the chance to review Ben Lee’s “Rebirth Of Venus” last year a week before it came out, and I absolutely loved doing that. This will be one of the things I do in the year to see what I could possibly do with my life.

9.) Stop drinking soda – Soda is gross and bad for the health. I need to stop drinking it!

10.) Ask someone out in person – I am such a pussy when it comes to telling people my true feelings. I have always resorted to telling them online, but I am in that stage of my life where I just feel like changing everything.

11.) Go to my first fandom convention – This one I am kind of cheating on. I am going to Infinitus in TWO WEEKS!!! Though I am a bit worried because I haven’t been able to get in touch with the person I am going with, and we were going to do it road trip style.

12.) Learn a new instrument – I love learning to play a new instrument. It makes me feel so successful. That and it would be really impressive if I ever wanted to join a band that would want someone to play different instruments!

13.) Booth for the entire year without missing a day – If you haven’t heard of or visited Dailybooth, it is a picture taking site where you try and take a picture every day. I’d like to complete an entire year. Now that I have a cell phone, I have no excuse for missing a day.

14.) Buy a car – It’s the one thing I want more than anything! I hate having to ask people for a ride. It’s embarrassing.

15.) Get my License – same thing with the car!

16.) Run a mile and a 5K – I love working out, but running has always been one of those things that I have always wanted to do, but physically couldn’t. I just want to be able to say I’ve ran an entire mile and 5K without having to walk.

17.) Learn to juggle – I had to include one silly thing. Plus I have always wanted to learn. I think it is a pretty neat party trick.

18.) To keep my room clean for the entire year – This may not seem like a hard task, but you can ask any of my irl friends. They know it is really hard for me to keep my rook clean for longer than a few days, and it takes even longer to clean it.

19.) Watch fifty new movies – This one is kind of my way of using my job to my advantage. I work at the movie theaters and one of the perks is I get to see movies for free. Why not put it to good use.

20.) Vlog Everyday August – I participated in Beda last year, and I found it to be pretty fun. Now that I have a computer of my own, I can now make sure I get to post every day. I think it would be really cool to vlog every day. I’m not saying it will be easy, but it would be an interested experience.
Well, that was my list of things I want to do in the upcoming year. Hopefully when I report back next I will have completed all of them!!!

Until next time

DFTBA!!!

No comments: