Wednesday, January 28, 2009

pretty much what I said over at Cult Vault...

So this weekend was a great one...for the most part. Saturday I got my Hank Green Cd "So Jokes" in the mail, and I took it to Jason's house so That I could open, and look at it while we record the podcast. I take the cd out of the sleeve, and the cd is cracked!!! I was so upset and sad. I had been waiting for it for three weeks, so that was kind of disappointing. I just now sent an email over to the guys at DFTBA Records, so hopefully I can send it back in and get a replacement.

Recording for this weeks show was way better than last weeks show. I mean I didn't speak my mind much last week. I figured out why. I speak much better, and speak more if there are less people. See Jason and I normally try and record as much as possible before Brandon and Tyler come because to be quite honest, we get so distracted when they arrive(It's more me getting distracted than Jason). Anyway, I also speak less when they arrive because I don't speak very well when there is more than one person listening to me. I can do the whole radio thing because I can't see who I'm speaking too. Now couple the getting distracted thing with my inability to speak in front of multiple people, and add that to the fact I like Brandon. I get nervous speaking around him, and I pretty much have to change my persona to be able to hide the nervousness. He's a great guy though. I sent him a message on Facebook asking him if he liked me at all. I'm starting to regret that now. I mean I'd like to know now before I get too emotionally attached, but at the same time I don't want to ruin a friendship that could be by asking such a stupid question. I feel like I'm repeating history a bit. Only a few people would understand what I'm saying.

Oh well I get paranoid way to much and I think everything that could go wrong will go wrong.

Anyway. Sunday was church of course. After the late service was over, Some of the members of the youth choir got together to go out to eat at Wendy's, and go to the grocery store to get supplies for the His Song White Out Party(His Song is the name of the youth Choir.) It was pretty fun. after we got the supplies we went back to the church to decorate the multi-purpose room. Just hanging out and getting ready for this party I figured out that I'm more of a role model to these kids then I actually realized. The kids that actually stayed to help are pretty much the youngest in the group(Three of them in 6th grade, one in 8th grade and one in 9th grade.) I need to be a better role model, and right now I feel like I'm not. It's time for me to be the person I want to be, and the person that most people know me as.

other than that, I just found this video, and it mixes two of my favorite songs ever. Mr Ozio's "Flatbeat", and Missy Elliot's "Gossip Folks". It's pretty narly!!! I like it.



Have a great night everyone

No comments: