Friday, May 1, 2009

I'm writing about...

...writing.

I have recently started writing poetry again. This was all brought out from watching HBO's new show Brave New Voices. It's awesome. All these teenagers are freaking talented. They are spitting out these lines like their life depended on it. It's powerful stuff. I think slam poetry is the top art form that can render me speechless. I've been a fan for years. It's just awesome.

It inspires me to keep writing, and to grow stronger in my writing. I know I will never be as great as other people, but I only write to get my thoughts out.

I like it so much that I thought I'd share a video with you all.



I really should be washing my dishes.

Oh well

Yesterday was a really great day to me. Recording the podcast is always really fun, but I feel I was at my best at last nights recording. I find that fun because I was at my best while at my worst. I'm still a bit sick, and my head is filled with snot, so that worried me a bit. I'm just afraid I'll sound a bit nasally.

I read a quote today that I loved once I saw it. It's from Brave New Voices and this girl named Britney Wilson wrote a poem called Crutches. From that poem is this line "It's hard for me to express myself cause I can't protect myself if I'm exposed." That is so true. I guess that's why I have such a problem writing because I'm afraid of what people will think if I lay my heart on the table for everyone to see.

Anyway.

I'm going to go.

I hope everyone has a great day and great weekend.

I'll see ya when I see ya!!!
~Alicia~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That video was amazing..wow..I wish I had HBO I definitely would watch that show.

Anonymous said...

was watchn the show 2day, its a first in South africa. All my life i've hated poetry because in school we told it has 2 rhyme and be filled with cliche methapors that ur teacher has to understand. For the 1st time i'm looking to writting to express me!!!!