Thursday, April 30, 2009

So it's the last day of BEDA

...and I must say I'm kind of sad. It has been a very insightful month, and I have learned a lot just by typing in these blogs.

I have learned that I'm not very good at paying attention to writing these blogs. I'll type a little, then open up a tab and check facebook, or my email, then continue typing.

I learned that I actually have a lot to say. I thought that this blogging everyday thing was going to be hard because I sit at home all day pretty much. What interesting information could come from me. I guess in those times I spend doing nothing, my mind manifests all these thoughts.

BEDA was a good thing because it helped me be more confident in my typing skills, and in my ability to get my thoughts out there. Not only that I found a few interesting blogs to read. I love writing blogs, but I love reading other people's blogs better. I found a few great ones like Delightfully Mediocre, and of course Maureen Johnson's blog was pretty insightful. You never know how something like this impacts people.

I'm glad I participated in this even though the past few days I haven't been able to blog. It was fulfilling. I never thought I'd be able to post this many consecutive blogs in a row.

Yesterday's lack of blog was because my brother kind of got ticked at me for proving I think 6 times, that he complains to much, and doesn't know when to stop complaining. I found it quite funny, but apparently he didn't. He loggged out, and he has the profile password protected. I don't know the password, so I guess that didn't help anything. lol

So I'm not in Clemson. I'm not hanging out with Jennifer, which is a bummer. She got sick the past few days as well, and on top of that she has exams to study for. I wouldn't have wanted to keep her from studying, so it's for the best.

We are recording the podcast tonight. So that means I need to go research like mad!!!

But before I go, my friend Will found this story, and I read it, and found it freaking funny. I also think it's a great way to end out BEDA for me anyway.

Don't Mess With The Marching Band Girl

QUARTZ HILL, Calif. - Don't mess with a marching band girl, especially one armed with a baton.

A 17-year-old high school marching band student beat up two assailants who tried to mug her as she walked to school in this high desert community about 40 miles north of Los Angeles, sheriff's officials said Tuesday.

The girl punched one of the men in the nose, kicked the other in the groin and beat both with her large baton before she ran away on Friday morning, officials said.

"The moral to this story is don't mess with the marching band girls, or you just might get what you deserve," said Los Angeles County sheriff's Deputy Michael Rust.

He said two men approached the girl from behind, grabbed her coat and demanded money. Deputies searched near Quartz Hill High School for the muggers, looking for a man who was holding his bloodied nose and the other limping.

No arrests have been made, but Rust said it appears the girl made her point to her assailants.

"Final score: Marching band 2, thugs 0," Rust quipped.


Haha!!! Marching band girls kick butt. I mean come on now. People think you can't get hurt by flags, and wooden rifle, but they've never been hit by one. Talking from experience they hurt when they hit you.

So until next time

Much love, DFTBA, and Best Wishes!
~Alicia~

1 comment:

notasecretagent said...

Hey, thanks! :D I'm really glad I decided to do BEDA, it was a good month and way to discover people!

I LOVE the marching band story. Don't mess with the band! There's a student legend at the University of Wisconsin-Madison that the football coaches threaten the players who are slacking with making them work out with the band, who regularly runs the stadium stairs. Heck yes, band!