Sunday, April 3, 2011

Best Day, Sunday. (BEDA #3)

Sunday's are the day of the week I look forward to the most. A lot of people dread it, but I absolutely love it. It's the one day of the week where I am kept busy, and I really have no down time to sit around or take a nap.

On Sunday mornings, I go to my home church. We have Sunday school, and then I go and play in the orchestra for the service. I love playing in the orchestra. I think I may have mentioned it before, but I am going to say it again. I feel the most useful in church when I am playing in the orchestra. Since I do play Timpani, it is also a good way to let out some frustration.

For the past few months, I have worked every single Sunday, which I am totally grateful for. I need all the hours I can get, and it keeps me from doing nothing. Those days I don't work I would normally take a nap, and you all know how I feel about that. My normal schedule for Sunday is 12:30-5. Sunday's tend to be busy, but not to the point where we struggle to get things done. I don't like sitting still, so those are the days I like the most.

Once I get off work, I get home, and get dress and chill for a bit before I am picked up by my friend, Killian, to go to a church that our friend, Matt, plays in the band for. I love going to this church because it's something different. They never have the same person preaching every week, so you get different points of view instead of the same one every time. Variety is the spice of life after all. :)

After that service we go out to eat to Cici's Pizza. Normally Killian's brother, and our other friend will join us. It's kind of funny that I throw out the "variety" quote right before I talk about the restaurant that we go to ever single week. It's gotten to the point where the cashier remembers if we get water or not, and all the employees recognize us. It's kind bad. I think there was only one time where we went somewhere different.

These dinner's are probably the things I look forward to the most. The guys I hang out with are super hilarious. a few of them get way to carried away with the perverted jokes, so I will normally turn to Killian for a sensible conversation. I mean don't get me wrong, I can be a pervert with the best of them, but there are lines, and they not just cross it, they bulldoze over it!

Tonight was no different, but I didn't have Killian, and our only other sensible fried, Brandon, left early. So I was left in the thick of the perversion. It was hilarious, but at the same time there were a lot and I mean A LOT of Face/Palm moments.

Anyways. Time for the music video of the day.

I think it is time for me to pull a music video from the vault. Today's video is Fastball's "The Way" from the album "All The Pain Money Can Buy"
All the Pain Money Can Buy



Well I am going to go wash my face because every time I work I feel like I have popcorn oil exhaust plastered on my face.

DFTBA

~Alicia~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man. You Sunday ritual reminds me so much of hanging out with my church crew in high school. We had a band that played at the church pretty frequently and we'd always go to the same restaurant (like 3 times a week, haha) and generally just hang out.
Glad you had a good day!

Lydia said...

Variety is the spice of life!! But it's so nice to have some solid rituals to lean on and look forward to. Constants are good, too!

I've never (until now) seen the video to this song! Love it!