Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Storms and Pokemon taking over my day. (BEDA #5)

Last night there was this huge storm that blew threw most of the south east area of the US. It was pretty bad. Luckily we didn't get that much of it. We mostly just got the really bad winds, a severe thunderstorm, and about 5 minutes worth of hail. I didn't think that there would be that much damage done to our area, but I always tend to be wrong about these things. Earlier today, my brother got a picture message from our boss, and it was of our sign with huge gapping holes in it. My brother showed me it and instantly cheered because he hates having to put the movie titles on that thing. I asked my brother to send me the picture so that I can show you all, but I doubt he will send it to me until like tomorrow or something. More than likely I will have to post that picture tomorrow. *Crosses fingers*

Like the title says, Pokemon took over my entire day! Besides going to the library, the grocery store, the bathroom, and the kitchen to get something to eat for the three meal of the day, I haven't left my room. I was sucked into the world of Pokemon Gold. Now before you say, "That is such an old game, why not play Black or White?" I don't have a DS. I own a Advance, and my brother this morning found his old silver and gold games so that he can try and transfer them to his DS and to his copy of Black. He would not under any circumstances let me play or even touch his DS. haha. No matter what Pokemon game you play, you will still get hooked to it. Pokemon and World of Warcraft have the same addict-ability (I know that is not a word, but it suits this coversation.)

Instead of finishing the book "Lizard" by Banana Yoshimoto (Lizard Which that has to be one of the best pen names I've seen!) like I planned, I sat around and beat two gym leaders, evolved four Pokemon, hatched an egg into Togepi, and have gotten so flustered because I can't beat the Goldenrod city Gym leader! (Curse you Miltank!!!!)

I've always loved Pokemon, but I have to say that I am a purest. The first 150 Pokemon plus Mew and Togepi will always be the best! I don't know if it is because I basically grew up knowing the pokerap by heart (Don't ask me to recite it now because I couldn't do it, but I have it on my wall!), or because Blue and Red were the shiz, but you can never beat the original product no matter how you try to spruce it up. Also The TV show is nothing without Ash, Misty, and Brock. I think Brock is by far my favorite. He is probably the only character in all of children television who could be a total hornball and still get away with it! :)

Today's music video is one of the coolest I seen in years. The video is "Her Morning Elegance" by Oren Lavie. It is from his album "The Opposite Side Of The Sea"
The Opposite Side of the Sea


Well I am going to get back to trying to destroy that Goldenrod gym leader!

DFTBA!
~Alicia~

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

YAY! I found another BEDAer! I guess I have been so busy working on stuff before Wreggies and Aeternitas that I haven't seen many other people doing it!

About Pokemon: I was a purist once too, for about a day. When you realize what the expansions and new versions bring to the table, you quickly overcome it. Speaking of which: two things you should know. 1) I totally found my Red cartridge I thought I had LOST. It has two Mews and a Mewtwo on it. Not to mention a MissingNo. It's the cart I once used to compete on a state level (NERD). 2) Pokemon Black and White, the newest version, are easily one of the most well written video games of all time. There's a storyline where one of the female characters confronts her father who doesn't thing she'll amount to much of anything and is too protective of her...i literally teared up. So the newer games do have stuff to offer. Not to mention, PSYCHIC FIRE pokemon? Yes please!

Hoping I see you soon! <3 Jenn

Lydia said...

Nerd Confession: I don't know anything about Pokemon. Absolutely nothing. I never got into any of it. I'm sure it's awesome (some of my friends still play the video games all the time) but I'm so out of the loop. ...I think I might be the only person to have missed it!

I love giving up a day for pure fun every now and then. We deserve it. :)

Meg Norris said...

Haha, I love that you're so into Pokemon. I don't know much about it so I always feel like I'm not part of the cool Pokemon crowd. I want to learn! Haha.