Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lost train of thought. (BEDA #9)

Don't you just hate when you have such a great idea, and the moment you put pen to paper, it just washes away?

That's how I am feeling right now.

I had such a good idea for a blog earlier today while at work, but since I forgot to write it down the moment I had a little bit of free time, I totally have no clue what that idea was anymore.

So instead of having a topic, I will just talk about random things that pop in my mind, and some of the latest things that has happened as of late.

Aeternitas is in two and a half weeks, and I am so excited. It doesn't feel like it is so close now. I feel like I need to start getting things ready. My mom and I are driving up to the con, and I'm really interested on how things will go. You see, my mom and I can't be in a room together without having some kind of argument. We are both very outspoken with what we have to say, and most of the time they are opposing. We are both Scorpio's, you can tell by how stubborn we are. Hopefully we can forget about our disagreements, and enjoy the weekend with good people and fun events.

One of my co-workers is selling a Ovation Celebrity acoustic/electric guitar for $150. I don't know the exact model, but I know that he said it was originally $300. The first thing I told him was don't sell it! Next paycheck, I will buy it. I have been looking for a cheap but good guitar to learn with, but I am afraid of ordering one online. I would go to actual music stores to look, but without a car, that is kind of hard. I asked my friend, Matt, if I should get it, and he said if you can find one at a reasonable price get it. So I have decided that I am going to learn guitar sooner than I thought I would. :)

I can't think of anything else to write. I really do need to get ready for tomorrow. A friend of mine is getting Married, and I need to make room on my video camera, charge my batteries for my picture camera (Yes I have two cameras. I have no shame.), and figure out what I'm going to wear.

Today's music video is one from a band that recently formed. This is one of the bands that I can say I have been following since the very beginning, and all because I was a fan of the lead singer! :) The Band is SUMO CYCO and the song is "Mercy". They have yet to release an album, but this single is available on iTunes. All the proceeds for that and their other single "Limp" go to help aid Japan after the Tsunami/earthquakes that happened weeks ago.


Have a great day everyone!!!

DFTBA!
~Alicia~

1 comment:

Meg Norris said...

Oh I HATE those fleeting ideas! hey have no mercy! They shamelessly laugh at our scrambling search while they hide around the corner watching us lose our minds.

I totally understand the mother daughter, can't-be-in-a-room-without-arguing thing. My mom and I are exactly the same way. We get along GREAT when we're living in different cities but I can count on a fight within 1 hour of us being together. The two of us may be making a road-trip to Orlando and Richmond next month, with me driving, and she's an extremely nervous and aggravating passenger. Oh god. I hope that, if the trip happens, we make it without a murder! :P
Have fun at the con!!!