Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dreams are made winding through my head. (BEDA #14)

I have been watching a lot of Metal and Rock music videos on youtube. When I do I try my best to avoid vevo videos as much as possible because I hate having to watch ads before my video. That's why I stopped watching Fuse and MTV hits, so that I could avoid commercials. Something else that has come to my attention is that Vevo has no idea about music. If you look at the tags for the video, they normally put what music genre it is apart of. They put System Of A Down as pop music. WHAT?!?! Are they kidding me?!?! I don't know if it is the music snob in me talking, but they are a metal band. They always have been. Yeah they may be in the mainstream music world, but that does not mean they are pop-stars. Leave it to corporate companies to know nothing about what they are working with. What makes it funnier is they have Daughtry as Rock. Vevo, you suck at life.

Later tonight after my mom gets off of work, we are going to the new Super Wal-Mart that they just opened yesterday. That is about 30 or so minutes after midnight. The reason why we are going so late is because we are going to buy the Deathly Hallows pt. 1 DVD. It was mostly my mom's idea because she has yet to see it. I told her that she would more than likely have to see it by herself because it was closer to the Holiday season which means that I would be working every Saturday after I got back from New York. She didn't heed my advice which means she didn't get to see it in theaters. She wants to see it before she goes to Aeternitas because she thinks she would be out of the loop if she doesn't. Whatever. That means I am getting it sooner than I thought.

I went to go get my schedule up at work like I normally do, and Josh had brought the guitar that I am going to be buying from him. It is a black Ovation celebrity acoustic electric guitar. I wasn't originally going to get an acoustic guitar because I really don't like how big the body is, but this is slimmer than a normal acoustic guitar which makes me happy. :) I am excited to start learning. I have always wanted to learn, and now I get a chance to do so.

Today's video is from System Of A Down. If you are familiar with any of their songs, you might recognize the title of my blog. It is a lyric from the song "Spiders" and it is off their self titled album.
System of a Down


It is time for me to go wash the dishes like I promised my mom I would do. :)

DFTBA!
~Alicia~

No comments: