Saturday, April 2, 2011

When napping gets carried away. (BEDA #2)

I bet you are looking at this title and you're thinking to yourself, "There is no such thing as getting carried away with napping. It's a fantastic creation, napping is." To you I agree, but I will explain what I mean because I am going through this right now and it is quite annoying.

I am never against taking a nap on Sunday afternoon, or after working hard on something and needing a little break. However, What I've been doing is taking a nap everyday because I've been bored. My body has gotten so used to it that if I don't take a nap, I start feeling incredibly weak. It makes things complicated when I am really wanting to do work. It has also made me incredibly lazy, and I haven't been wanting to do do anything at all besides go to work and go to church.

So if anyone out there has any advice on this, can you please leave a comment or something? I really want to stop this habit because it really is getting on my nerves.

Anywho!

Onto a more positive note, I had a lot of fun at the bon-fire last night. Ashley, Melissa, and Ashley's brother, Adam, picked me up. We had pizza, and waited for our friend Grant before we went outside. Before we could start the fire we had to go get cat litter for Ashley's mom. Once we did that We started the fire. It was quite funny because Melissa kept putting paper after paper into it to try and get the fire to light. It got to the point where she used an entire stack of filler paper, and her used tissues. After a while of just moving the wood around, we got the fire to stay lit. I didn't get home until until 2 o'clock, but I laughed so much that it was totally worth it.

Because of the pizza I ate last night, I thought for sure that I was going to gain on the scale at the weight watchers meeting. Apparently not. I lost .4 on the scale, which isn't much, but I didn't gain and that is all that matters. It was this time last year that my mom and I joined weight watchers. My mom has lost 21 pounds, and she is .8 away from her goal weight. I have lost 26.6 pounds since joining. I am a far way from my goal, but I am determined to stick with this, and not give up.

Today's music video is Killola's "Cracks In The Armor" which is off their third album "Let's Get Associated"
Let's Get Associated


Well, my mom is on a date tonight. That means I will have to walk to work, so I better go get ready!

DFTBA!
~Alicia~

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Don't let yourself sleep!! It sounds so awful, but if you can make it through a week without that nap, your body will forget that it 'needed' one. If you can't drop napping all at once (it's so hard to push through the sleepiness!) set an alarm and make yourself get up, so your naps are shorter and shorter until you don't need them anymore. I like to think of myself as a napping pro. xD

Good job with Weight Watchers! That's so awesome! I'm proud of you for sticking with it for so long; that's fantastic! Don't give up!!

(This song is giving me a Gwen Stefani sort of feel. Am I making that up?)