Friday, April 1, 2011

Blog Everyday In April 2011! (Blog #1)

It's that time of the year again. The time where I get over my laziness and blog everyday this month. This is my third year participating, and I love it when April comes around! I wish I had as much enthusiasm (a.k.a. I wish I wasn't as lazy) about writing blogs any other time of the year. That way I wouldn't have to get back into the swing of writing these again. :)

So it is Fred and George Weasley's birthday today! (R.I.P. Fred) I think it is very fitting that the two coolest fictional pranksters share their birthday with April Fools Day. I used to prank people all the time on April fools day, but once I graduated high school, the only people that I could prank were my mom and brother. I don't feel really safe pranking my brother, and if I pranked my mom she'd probably kick me out of the house (not really, but you never know.) That being said, I haven't celebrated it in a long time.

*long break*

I just back from work, and my friend Melissa saw me walking home. She invited me to a bon-fire thing tonight. I never really get invited to things very often, so I'm excited. Though in my defense to that, I am working during the part of the week where people normally go and hang out. I do love working though so it levels itself out.

I also saw someone from high school that I haven't seen since, and he was one of those people that I did want to keep in contact with. It was rather awkward, but at the same time it was good seeing him. He looks completely different and I did not recognize him until he actually came up to the register. I guess it was all those years of not seeing him that threw me off.

I kind of want to do a thing every day where I suggest a music video that I think you should watch. I used to do this on my live journal years ago. I do love music videos, and I love sharing them as well!

Today's music video is by Sleater-Kinney (My latest obsession two months running. haha), and the song is "Jumpers" It is from their last album "The Woods"
Woods


I am now going to go get ready for this bon-fire. I hope you all have a great day! :)

DFTBA!
~Alicia~

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Yay, BEDA!! :D

What kind of pranks did you pull, in your prankster days?? I was such a square, I never did ANYTHING. And I could never think of anything to do.

It's so strange how easy it is to lose touch, even when you mean to keep in contact. It's always a surreal experience for me, running into someone I used to know.

Thanks for putting the video in! I'd never heard anything from that band, and I really liked it! I hope you keep posting videos, because I think you're a total music guru. :)