Friday, April 15, 2011

Metal will ensue! Music Video Friday #2 (BEDA #15)

When I tell people that I like Heavy Metal, they normally don't believe it. It's almost the same thing as when I tell people that I listened to rap as a child and early teen. I guess people think that I'm too nice or nerdy for such music. False! I have Metal on heavy rotation on my zune at least once a week or so. It was what kept me going in times of depression, and I continue to listen to it to get some of my anger out. I even auditioned to be in a metal band in my area. I used to be able to cookie monster growl with the best of them. Unfortunately they found someone else. :(

If you haven't noticed, this weeks music videos are strictly Metal. All of them are favorites of mine and I probably have a recording of them on tape somewhere that I have worn out!

The first video is "Death Blooms" by Mudvayne. Mudvayne just happen to be my very first concert! This is also my favorite song by them! The video is probably one of the weirdest video of its time, but I find it rather beautiful in a twisted kind of way. I will let you judge for yourself.


Probably the song and band that got my into wanting to be in a metal band was Kittie's "What I Always Wanted" This video is a pretty simple concept. Greed can be a vicious monster, and take you down a road of suffering. This guy almost drowns because he doesn't know when to stop collecting the coins. It doesn't hurt that Morgan can harmonize and growl like a champ!


Otep's "Warhead" came out around the time George Bush was still in office and was running for his second term in office. This is how I feel about the bush administration. I just HATED IT!!!


Back whenever Uranium was still on the air on Fuse (You know back when it was good at playing different kinds of music.), Juliya was set to interview Killswitch Engage. The band had other plans. They kidnapped her, tied her up, and Adam put on a wig that looked like Juliya's hair and pretended to be her. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen in my laugh. I still to this day I can't help but laugh at it, and I have probably watched it over 30 times. Anyway every time I go to watch their video for the "Rose of Sharyn" I think of Adam saying in a sort of muppet like voice "The trees are bleeding, Blood is Metal!"


The last video of this blog, I will be playing Fear Factory's "Archetype". I really like this song. I really like this video. They did a really good job of making Burton look like he was floating and strapped to the machine that it kind of looks painful. Maybe that's just me. :)



If you are not a fan of Metal, I'm sorry that this blog doesn't suit you. For those of you that think I went a little weak with my metal, I just wanted to give people a taste. If I wanted to bust out Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, or any band of that nature I would have. I will probably make another metal video list in the future.

Well I need to go get ready to leave for work. Maybe I will get to the theater before the rain starts. The last thing I want to do is walk in the rain.

DFTBA
~Alicia~

No comments: