Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday!!!

Yay!!! Today is the day that Jesus rose from his grave two thousand years ago.

It's a great day to be alive. It's nice outside I'm wearing my hippie skirt, and converse...I'll show you a picture of my outfit.



I never really wear skirts, but I love this skirt!!! I wanted to wear it for the longest time, I just never had a time to wear it. Easter Sunday I think was the best day for it. I liked my outfit. I care what anyone says I like it a lot.

Anyway. Sunday school caught me by surprise. Our lesson was the last on in the series friends, and this one hit really close to home. It was about Identity, and how people sometimes can influence, whether it be a good or bad influence, what we think of ourselves. Now, I have had a tough time with identity, and lately it's been rough because I just don't know anymore who I really am. Hearing the two kids stories about it really made me relate to them because for years I dictated who I was with who I hung out with and who I was friends with. One of the stories was so close to mine that it brought me to the point of crying. I don't like to cry because it shows weakness, and I tried to force it back. I have had problems with people making fun of me, and telling me I'm not cool because I won't do what everyone else does. I just got so sick of it. I didn't have friends for most of Middle school, and when I did have friends I built walls and not bridges.

The guy that was summarizing the stories said that in order for you to be able to find your true Identity is that you have to be honest with yourself. Don't be negative about yourself, but be sure to find what your faults are and continually work at improving yourself. He said other things, but I can't quite remember what he said.

Anyway, I then played in the orchestra, then listened to the message Pastor Jim had for us. I thne came home, and now I am bored sitting here writing this blog.

Jennifer, I'd have to say probably the person I'm closest to at church, said that we might go to dinner sometime tonight. So I'll be looking forward to that. I never get to hang out with her as much as I want to, but we can never find a time that is perfect for the both of us. She's an RA at Clemson, and when she's on duty I have nothing planned, and when she isn't on duty is when I have planned. I just want to hang out with her before she's out of school, and on her way to the mission trip she's going on over the summer, and before I have to go to Awanita. So it will be hard to plan, but it will happen.

Well I'm going to go take a nap.

Best Wishes
~Alicia~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finding that place where you truly feel you belong in is really hard. I finally found mine and I'm going away to school and have to start over. Don't give up though; it does get easier.

notasecretagent said...

Happy Easter! :D I like your skirt - and I'm a big fan of black Chucks, too. I don't get to wear them enough at work!