Friday, April 24, 2009

whoop whoop!!!

I finally finished my review of Ben Lee's "The Rebirth Of Venus"!!!

Now don't make fun because it's my very first album review. I think I did a pretty good job. (Every time I press the shift key, it shows a little box that says "Shift. lol. just thought I'd throw that out there.)

In all honesty, I've only heard a few of Ben Lee's songs, so I didn't really know what to expect listening to his new album "The Rebirth Of Venus." The album art is very colorful, and it catches the eye, but they always say never judge a book by it's cover. On the inside cover, he talks about Venus, the Goddess of Love and Beauty, and how we, men and women, need to cultivate the many qualities this Goddess represents and embodies.



Once the album starts, you're just introduced to pleasant ear candy. I pretty much got entrapped into the entire album. I've only listened to a few albums all the way through, and this one is added to that list. Not because I had to, but because it is amazing. I was captivated by all the songs and how each one is unique in it's own way. I loved the use of pots and pans in "What's So Bad(About Feeling Good)", and the backing vocals in "Blue Denim" sounding like Kazoos' at one point. It wasn't just the music, but the lyrics were so well written. They spoke a lot of truth and in some way, I could relate to each song. The lyrics are just really motivating and makes me want to get out there and make a difference in the world. "I Love Pop Music" is one of the those songs that just need to be played on mainstream radio because of it's unique take on all of the trails and tribulations going on in the world today. It would definitely get people's attention.



All in all, this album is a refreshing take on the male's perspective of femininity. It exceeded my expectations, and I recommend it to anyone. If you're a Ben Lee fan, if you need a happy pick-me-up, if you need motivation, or if you are someone who wants a taste of feminine ideals; I have a feeling you'll love this album as much as I did.




So that's that.

Oh I'm going to Awanita this weekend, so I will unfortunately have to miss posted tomorrow. Not because there won't be any internet up there, it just would take forever to even post it. They have dial up and it is as slow as molasses on weed...I don't know that just seemed like a good depiction of how show it really is.

But hey I've gone this far blogging in April. I will also be home Sunday, so really I'll probably just miss one day. I thought that I would miss about five or six blogs due to my bro being home, but that wasn't the case at all. I'm proud of being able to stick with it.

One more week of BEDA! That kind of makes me sad, but also happy because I was totally running out of things to blog about. I think this experiment kind of helped my blogging ability. I am hoping to write better blogs in the future...just not every day. haha

Until Sunday.

DFTBA
~Alicia~

No comments: