Wednesday, April 10, 2013

BEDA 2013 #10: Distractions Can Sometimes Be Fun.

I have always been one of those people who get very easily distracted at even the tiniest thing.  I let the distraction take over my brain and I forget what ever it was that I was either supposed to do or going to do. It happens a lot when I am trying to clean my room.  When I was organizing my desk, I would go on youtube to find a video as background noise to help me out.  Instead I would sit there for hours watching video after video and maybe one drawer would be organized, or a couple of things would be put back in it's place.  When I was organizing where my gameboy games would go, I grabbed one of the games and started playing it.  If I sat on my bed to rifle through things, odds are I would lay down and rest my eyes only to wake up about two hours later not happy that I wasted my time.

Today, I was handed a butt load of distractions, but I enjoyed them.  I was going to clean my room.  It is one of the things I want to do before I go to Misti-Con.  I don't want to come home to a messy room especially since I have a feeling I will be returning with a lot of books and stuff!!!  Well I get a text from a friend who wanted copies of a couple of bands albums.  I like helping a friend out, and it is a friend I haven't seen in a while, so it didn't bother me because it means we got to catch up just for a little bit.  I had to wait for a book to come via ups, so I had to wait downstairs for it to come.  I got to do a couple of exercises, so you know I would never complain about that.  The last distraction I had, but definitely my most favorite one was Patrick getting off work really early.  I love hanging out with him, so why would he ever be a bad distraction?!?

The only distractions I have a sort of problem with is...I hate to say this, but....the internet.  Don't kill me!  *Cowards behind couch*  Don't get me wrong, I love the internet.  There are a lot of things I probably would have never gotten to do if it was not for the internet.  I would have never found the Harry Potter fandom, never have gone to a con, I would have never found all of the awesome friends I have made and that I love, and most importantly I would have be dating Patrick.  So I have no problems with the internet, until I have things to do.  The internet turns into a very tempting void of youtube videos, tumblr posts, facebook statuses, and cute kittens.  The moment that I have something important to do like clean my room, make or edit a video, or organize my hard drive, I want nothing more than to get on the internet and browse.

Anyways, that was my rant on distractions.  It was random, but that is what my day was full of.

Today's song is Tally Hall's "Good Day".  It kind of fits the theme of the blog today because I feel like the people who wrote the song got distracted by a lot of things.  It is a cool song, and cool video.  The video also gives off the vibe of distraction as well.


Well until tomorrow.

DFTBA

:)

No comments: