Tuesday, April 2, 2013

BEDA 2013 #2: First day In Atlanta


Day two of BEDA, and I have had a pretty fun day.  

Patrick and I drove to Atlanta.  Well he drove most of the way, and we are just outside of Atlanta, but it is all the same difference.  We went to the Sugarloaf Mills Mall, and it is pretty awesome.  It has quite a few stores that I would LOVE if they were closer to where I lived.  Some of my favorite stores there include Sanrio, The Lego Store, Lydia's ArtBox, Panda Express, and one store in particular called Pica Pica! I love it the most because one, it sounds like Pikachu is talking, and two is one of the coolest anime/plushy/video game store I have seen. We have gotten a store like that where we live finally, but it still isn't as great as this one is.


This mall also had a book-a-million, and there was one thing I had on my mind to get while I was there, and that was the Legend Of Zelda Hyrule Historia. I have wanted this book the moment that it was released in Japan, and when they announced that it was going to be translated to English, I about flipped my lid. I am very paranoid when it comes to buying books online. I am afraid of it being mistreated or damaged while in shipping, so I like to buy locally when I can. I could not for the life of me find it anywhere at any book store in my area. I was about to give up, and buy online a little bit before Patrick and I even considered coming to Atlanta. The moment that we made plans to come, I decided to hold out from buying it until I looked here, and I was super ecstatic to find it here! It is so pretty, and totally worth the money. I have yet to read it, and I know it is worth the money just based on the size of the book, and how much content is actually in it. I mean it is the time line for the entire Hyrule history!!!!! I'm a nerd and proud!

We then went to Dave and Busters, and played a bunch of games. I have found two games that I absolutely love. One that is a reflex game where you hit the light buttons as they light up. I love games like that. It was a great way to be active and work on my hand eye coordination. The second game is also a reflex game, but is not active at all. It just involves pressing a button at the right time to stop a line to see how many tickets you can get. I think I played it about 12 times, and I won the bonus five times. The bonus was 250 and increased every time you missed the bonus, so I made ticket bank!!! I used my tickets to get two full music albums: Billy Talent's III, and Cherri Bomb's Stark ep.

Just at the mall alone, I walked over 10,000 steps! It normally takes me an entire day to do that. I was happy. I added about 6,000 after we left the mall. We are going to the zootomorrow, and the aquarium the next day. If I don't get about that amount of steps or more each of those days, I will be completely shocked. I will also be shocked if I don't lose weight this week on Friday.  

The last thing we did was go to probably one of the best restaurants I have ever been to in my entire life. It is a Vietnamese restaurant that once we read the reviews and looked at the menu we knew we had to go. We were not disappointed!!!! Everything was AMAZING!!!! I had the Chicken with eggplant in a black bean sauce, and a soft summer roll, and Thai tea with pearls to drink. Everything was so good and you could tell that all of the food was fresh! When I was full, and had left overs, I was upset that it went to waste. I definitely have a place to come eat every time I come to Atlanta now. If you are ever in the area, GO!!! It is worth it, the price is not bad at all, and the food is so good. I have never liked a restaurant before I even got the food. That is how good it was, and it is a very pretty place too. It would be a good place to have a wedding reception.  

We went to the asian grocery that was right next door, and got a bunch of Ramune, tiny juice bottles, and the coolest Red Bull bottle I have ever seen. Here is a picture of it.
How cool is that?!? I am not a fan of Red Bull, but I thought this bottle was so cool that I had to buy myself one. We also bought a big box of dates. It's a good snack, it's healthy, and they last us a couple of days! :)

I am excited to see the zoo tomorrow. I have only been to one zoo, but I don't think it was that great of a zoo because the only thing I can remember from it is seeing flamingos, and going into a reptile house. I am excited to see the cute baby panda!

I am going to go now because I want to get sleep, so that I can wake up, work out, eat breakfast, and go see cute animals.

DFTBA

Much love! :)

No comments: