Thursday, April 11, 2013

BEDA 2013 #11: Around Greenville

Today I spent all of my time in Greenville.  Why you might ask?  Because it is a hell of a lot more interesting than Easley.

One of Patrick's classes was cancelled today because his Teacher wasn't going to be there, and since it was his earliest class we decided to make a day of it.  He had to go to class at two, so we went to lunch, and hung out at the restaurant until he had to go to class.  I then had four hours in Greenville until Patrick finished with his classes for the day.  I decided to go to the mall to just walk around.  I am not a big fan of the mall.  I only like a couple of stores, so there really is no big reason for me to go to it a lot.  I like just walking around.  It is great exercise and a great way to waste time really.  

When I was walking around Hot Topic, I got into a conversation with the girl that was working about fandoms.  When she started working for Hot Topic, she got into Doctor Who.  I told her that it is addictive.  We talked about the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.  Apparently the reason why the original is become so popular again is because there is an animated version of the show in Japan.  Who knew.  I hope it makes its way over here because I loved the original Power Rangers.  I have started watching them again on Netflix.  

She also said that she wanted to see what all the hype was about the new My Little Pony, so she watched an episode just to see, and that she became addicted!  haha  She said because of her job at Hot Topic, she has become a fan of so many good stuff because it has basically become a nerd cave of fandom merch.  I told her that you can tell when a show or movie is amazing by the fact that it has a very active and growing fandom.  She was fun to talk to.  I would like to work there.  I have tried applying, but I never got a call back.  I might try re-applying after Mist-Con.  I have never had a problem talking with anybody that works there.

I went to Panera and had a tea, went to Spencer's and bought something for my cosplay at Misti-Con, browsed at Character World and wished I had more money, and went to smell random teas at Amanzi Tea.  That is basically what I do every time I go to the mall!  Except the Panera thing was new because I never really had a reason to go there until now with my Chrome book in tow.  I am addicted to the internet, so sue me.

I then went to The Barnes and Noble across the street for the mall where I looked at all the pretty books that I want for my own.  If I had the money, oh buddy would I need more book shelves!!!  I basically just sat at the cafe, and read my book which I need to be doing.  I am sooooooo behind on my reading.  It is either this Chrome book or The Hyrule Historia that is distracting me (Well at least with the HH, I am reading, but it is not the book I need to be reading.). 

I picked up Patrick once he was out of class, and we went to his place.  I read a little more and watched youtube videos, and He filled out his application to become a full time employee at his place of work.  :) Then he played Skyrim.  Skyrim is not really my type of game, but it is full of beautiful scenery!  It has amazing detail to the game, I will give them credit for that.

Today's song of the day is "Zero Gravity" by Kerli.  I have loved Kerli's music for years, and her videos are out of this world amazing!  I am proud to say I am a Moonchild!  Integrity. Love. Unity!  I hope you enjoy this video as much as I do!


Until tomorrow.

DFTBA

:)
   

No comments: