Thursday, April 4, 2013

BEDA 2013 #4: Fish Fingers and Custard please.

Patrick and I are back home, and it is quite sad because I was not ready for the three days to be over.

We went to the Aquarium today, and it was fun.  The Georgia Aquarium claims to be the biggest one in the world, but I felt like it didn't have enough content so to speak for that assumption.  Now that I have the cons out of the way, It was awesome!

Just like at the zoo, I believe I got a lot of great shots and videos.  I will say this, it was a great way for me to hone my manual focus skills.  It was really difficult to get the auto focus to do so on certain animals, so manual became my new best friend.

We went to all six of the exhibits, and the dolphin tales shows.  The exhibits were cool, and each had some of my favorite animals included.  I got to pet a shark, and a manta ray, and that was really cool.  I enjoyed the Dolphin Tales show, but it was very cheesy.  I could have done without the singing, and stupid story, but the rest of it was very cool.  Dolphins are probably my favorite animals in the world, so I would have been really upset if I missed that show.

I got to see a turtle, a shark, a jelly fish, a sea and river otter, penguins, sea dragons, sea horse, and little frogs.  I was a happy person.

We had dinner at the aquarium, and it was rather expensive!  What got me was the weigh the salad, and I loaded it with Greek olives, mushrooms, and craisins.  I also had a chicken salad sandwich, and a key lime tart.  I will say this the food was very delicious, but I am not sure it was all worth 25 dollars!  Damn you pay by weight!!!!!

All in all, I really enjoyed the aquarium, and I liked it a lot better than the zoo.  I have always been a fan of marine biology, and this just suited a lot more.  In the future though, if we go back, we are going to have a lot of other things planned because you can't spend the entire day at the aquarium.  There just isn't a full days worth of activities in the building.

We didn't leave until about 6.  We both didn't want to leave because we both work tomorrow, but we both kind of like the idea of having money in our pockets again.  Patrick got us out of the major part of Atlanta, and most of the busy traffic areas, and then I drove the rest of the way home.  I am exhausted, just like I was last night.  I took about an hour or so nap after we got back from the zoo, so if yesterday's blog seems that way, I apologize.

Well I better get going.  Patrick has to go to bed early so that he will be able to wake up at 5 in the morning to wake up for work.  I don't want to keep him up, now do I?  I also want to head home, and get my things unpacked.

Until tomorrow.

DFTBA

:)


No comments: