Friday, April 5, 2013

BEDA 2013 #5:To VEDA or not to VEDA.

VEDA for those of you who don't know (which I have a feeling you do) is the vlogging equivalent of BEDA.  About two weeks before the month started, I was seriously going to do VEDA and not BEDA.  BEDA was not even in my head at that point.  I have done it before, and I know it can be done.  It has also been a very long time since I have done it, so I was sure I could think of enough things to talk about.  As the month started getting closer, I was growing more and more skeptical about doing it.  I started feeling very nervous about the thought of having to record a video every day, and then I remembered why I stopped doing VEDA in the first place.  

I don't like the idea of making videos for the sake of making videos.  I like making videos for fun.  Making videos is my hobby to get away from the stress, and helps calm me down.  Now if I am constantly stressing from what to talk about, and starting to freak out from not having enough time to make a video for the day, then we have a big problem.  It starts to pull away from having fun to being a stress itself.  I remember having to do one take vlogs that were shitty, always apologizing for having to make shitty one take vlogs, and it just wasn't fun at the end of the month.  I also remember not making videos for a while after I would complete VEDA.  

Also with my desktop computer being in the state that it is in, I would probably throw it out the window, and give no fucks!  I do have the google chrome book, but it doesn't have any editing software, and I would basically would be subject to using the youtube editor.  I am not a big fan of the youtube editor personally.  Also you would need the internet to use it.  If I were to have done VEDA, I doubt I would have been able to get my videos uploaded because the internet at the hotel Patrick and I stayed at this past week was horrible!!!  I would have failed after the first day.  haha  

I personally love BEDA a lot more than VEDA.  I feel like there are a lot less steps to take with BEDA, and once you are done writing, you just pres publish.  Yes you have to go through, and polish what you write, but it takes a lot less time than what you have to do to edit a video.  If I had a better computer to edit on, I probably would have done it.  VEDA just isn't in the cards for me to do right now.  At least not until I get a better computer which could take months for me to accomplish.

Anyways.  I wanted to do something, and I BEDA also correlates with Camp NaNoWriMo.  I have been wanting to write, and this is a very good excuse to do so.  :)

This blog should have been written a couple of days ago, but I wanted to vlog about my Atlanta trip.  It may be a little out of place now, but I don't care. haha

I am going to go.  I have to take my brother to work, and then get ready for work myself.

Until tomorrow

DFTBA

:)

No comments: