Tuesday, April 9, 2013

BEDA 2013 #9: Some of my favorite game apps.

I am very easily distracted by online games.  So much that I forgot to eat my dinner earlier, and had to re-heat it.  I like playing new games, especially if they are puzzle and brain games.  What can I say, I love a challenge.  So here are some of my favorite online games.  I will include links to them so you may be distracted...I mean you can enjoy them too.

The first game is one that I played a long time ago, but have just recently rediscovered.  It is call Chain Reaction, and it is pretty fun.  There are ten levels.  In each level you have to expand a certain number of balls.  In the first level you have to expand 1 out of 5 balls.  The second 2 out of ten balls, and the numbers increase as you go.  The more and more levels you do the longer the chain reaction will be.  You have to watch where they balls are moving, and click at just the right spot.  You have to have good perception as well as good reaction, and luck is always handy.  It is fun if you just need something to pass your time for a little bit.  It does make me sad that there are only ten levels.  I do wish it were longer of a game.

The second game is one I found yesterday, and I am rather addicted to it.  It is called Little Alchemy, and this will probably be the game that gets you to spend countless hours playing to the point where you forget that you have dinner in front of you to eat....  Enough about that.  You basically start off with the four basic elements; Water, Fire, Earth, and Air.  From there you have to create 360 different things by mixing the elements together.  Very simple, yet very addictive!  I so far have 210 things, and it is a little hard to figure out combinations, but I will not stop until I get all 360 objects.  Though of course by the time I get to that point, there will be new elements added because they let people suggest elements!!!  If you have an idea for an element that has to have been added, they will add it to the list!  Pretty cool of them.  This is my Angry Birds.  I may not have a life for a while.

The third and final game is a puzzle game called Bloxorz.  You are given a course and a block that when it is lying down flat it is two squares long, and you basically have to get the block into the hole at the end of the course.  Sounds simple, but when put into action, you have to maneuver it just the right way. There are times where you make it to the end, but have to move the block around the hole so that you can actually get it into the hole.  There are courses that include bridges that you have to activate by pressing a button, and at times you have to press it just a certain way for it to activate.  It is a fun game, but I would advise to not play it when you are in a foul mood.  I can just picture people throwing their laptops/screens/tablets/etc. across the room at a wall in frustration.  haha

I hope you enjoy these games as much as I do, and remember to game responsibly.

Today's music video is from the band Vendetta Red, and the song is Shatterday.  Back when I listened to music almost 24/7 this was one of the songs that I loved to sing along to.  It is still one of my favorite songs, and it sticks to hear that the band Vendetta Red is no longer around.  They were one of the bands I thought would go places, but I guess it was at that point that the music industry was moving on and looking for  different styles.  Oh well.  It's still a good song!



Until tomorrow.

DFTBA

:)  

No comments: