Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I love making friends!

I have never been one to make friends.  I will be honest, I tried my best to avoid it.  Every time I became friends with someone when I was growing up they either moved away, changed, or just became friends with other people and shunned me away.  I really never knew what it was like to have a true friend for life.  When I finally have a friend that I would consider close, I always kept them at a distance because I was afraid they would shun me away like people in the past would.  I still kind of feel like I don't have a really close friend, but I am learning to stop pushing people away.

It wasn't until marching band that I found people that actually wanted to be my friends.  I gain two close friends out my marching band experience.  Then I graduated, and they both were still in high school.  It got kind of hard to keep in touch and stay friends when you aren't around each other everyday like it used to be.  Now I barely talk to either of them, and it breaks my heart.

When I found Nerdfighteria, I realized you don't have to be near each other to be really good friends.  I have some really awesome friends, and I haven't met them in real life.  Hopefully someday we will have the honor of meeting, but until that day comes I am still going to talk with them. 

Esther Earl (Rest In Awesome) was a nerdfighter who battled with cancer up until late last night.  She loved life and loved her family and friends even more.  Her wish for Make-A-Wish Foundation was to have all of her closest friends together in the same room.  As simple as that.  She loved her friends and she hung onto them.  I wish that I could be the same way.

I think since hearing about how awesome she was got me thinking that I better start showing my love for my friends because you never know what could happen.

Best wishes and DFTBA.






No comments: