Thursday, August 12, 2010

Parody covers

While waiting for "Dinner For Schmucks" to start, there was a commercial for an ABC Family show on our Ad projector. I think it was for Hellcats, but is beyond the point. The point of this post is the song that was playing in the background. It was "First Kiss" by 3OH!3 and Ke$ha (Which I don't really care for Ke$ha), but instead of singing the original version, I start singing Alex Carpenter, Jason Munday, and Kristina Horner's version of the song. This got me thinking of all of the other times that this has happened. I have come to the conclusion that most of the parody/cover/reworked songs that I have listened to, I like ten times better than the original. I have a few examples.

First the one I just talked about


Skyway Flyer's "California Dorks" (Parody of Katy Perry's "California Gurls")


Shane Dawson's version of "Telephone" by Lady Gaga


And Brittani Louise Taylor's "Everything Is Going To Be Okay" (A more inspiring version of Miley Cyrus's "Party In The USA")


Just a side note that Brittani also did a rendition of "3" by Brittany Spears entitled "I'm Not Easy" which I also like


There are plenty more out there, but I don't have the time.

I guess the only why you can get me to listen to a "Mainstream" song is to make a parody version that is ten times better than the original.
Which I am going to make a side note about the first video. Alex Carpenter, Jason Munday, and Kristina Horner are some of the nicest people I've met that is of celebrity status. (Well weblebrity is more like it, but that isn't the case.) Ke$ha doesn't seem like she would be that pleasant to meet. Just saying what's on my mind.

I better go. Here's to hoping my brother get's off of Xbox live for at least twenty minutes so I can post my VEDA video. If I fail this project, I'm putting sole fault on him. :)

DFTBA and Best Wishes!

1 comment:

Meg Norris said...

Omg that first one was brilliant! Haha! I hadn't seen it. And I've seen Shane Dawson's but I didn't think it was that good. And I've seen some of Britani Louise Taylor's Shout Out Sunday vids but never the music ones... SO GOOD! I love it!